By celebrating achievement and excellence, the Black 40 under 40 seek to recognize and honor young professionals.
Winners will receive:
- Distinguished Achievement Award for display in office
- Special recognition in Media partner publications
- Opportunity for involvement with 2020 Black 40 under 40 Awards Reception
The deadline to submit a nomination is Nov. 1st, 2020 at 12:00 am.
All applications must be submitted through the electronic 2020 Black 40 under 40 Application form, which is only available through the nomination link. All application submissions must be submitted electronically by 12:00 am on November 1st, 2020 . Any late submissions will not be considered.
If you have questions about nominations or the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Black 40 under 40 Awards are open to individuals under the age of 40 who live or work in the Metro Nashville areas. An applicant’s 40th birthday must be after the application deadline of Oct 25th, 2020. The Nashville area is comprised of
- Davidson County
- Robertson County
- Sumner County
- Wilson County
- Rutherford County
- Williamson County
- Cheatham County
If you, as an applicant, feel that you fit into more than one industry, please choose the best fit, as only one application will be accepted per person. The Black 40 under40 program manager and judging chair of your selected industry reserve the right to move your application to another industry. In the event that this happens, the applicant will be contacted immediately.
Black 40 under 40 Awards will be given in each of the following industry categories:
- Arts, Entertainment and Music Business
- Business Services
- Community Service and Nonprofit
- Environment and Sustainability
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Government and Public Affairs
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Legal Services
- Real Estate Services
- Architecture, Engineering and Construction
- Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing
- Medical and Health Care Services
It is the responsibility of each applicant to ensure that his/her application is correct and complete. Judges reserve the right to disqualify any applicant for lack of completion of the required information.
Links to the electronic application will be emailed to each nominee. You must be nominated to receive this link.
- Only one application per person will be accepted.
- All applications must be typed.
- The essay questions on the application can only be completed and submitted by the applicant him- or herself.
- Submit your electronic application by deadline.
Your application must include:
- All required personal information and answers to the essay questions.
- Resume and biography.
- High-resolution color headshot of at least 300 dpi. If you do not have a headshot at the time of your application, you must submit the photo by application deadline to us at Nashville@black40under40.com.
- No additional information (newspaper articles, etc.) will be accepted; please be thorough on your application.
- All applications must be submitted electronically by deadline, using the application form that will be emailed to each nominee.
- Materials submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- All items submitted for purposes of the Black 40 under 40 become the sole property of, Urban Communications, to be used for the purpose of selecting nominees for achievements.
If you are having difficulty completing the electronic form, please contact us at Nashville@black40under40.com .
Applications will go through two rounds of judging based on the applicant’s answers to each question; level of professional achievement; demonstrated leadership; and community impact. Black40under40 recipients in each industry will be determined by a selection committee comprised of a diverse group of community leaders and industry experts within each of the 15 categories. All applicants will receive notification of the finalists in each industry.
- Is your 40th birthday after the application deadline?
- Upload one letter of recommendation from your employer, and include up to three letters of recommendation if desired.
- Upload your resumé.
- Upload a high-resolution, color headshot of at least 300 dpi with your application, or email the headshot to us at Nashville@black40under40.com .
- Complete and submit the electronic application by deadline.